The following principles provide Mental Health Partners staff and clients with the general guidelines for our interactions and represent the basic philosophy under which we operate.
We believe in...
- Hope as the catalyst of recovery
- A self-guided recovery process
- Focusing on the whole person
- Recognizing and valuing cultural differences
- Promoting independence
- Honoring and involving people’s families, friends, peer groups, and community supports
- Respectful and compassionate partnerships
- Personalizing services and goals
- Celebrating successes and continually evaluating/improving
- Meeting people where they are
- Commitment to continued learning
- Mistakes as essential to the learning process
- Wellness for everyone