About this Event
Join local leaders and experts as they discuss how mental illness impacts social systems and programs that address these challenges. All conversations are moderated by Doyle Forrestal, CEO of Colorado Behavioral Health Care Council.
These FREE virtual panels will feature guest speakers as well as open discussions with participants focusing on “The Intersection of Mental Health” and the highlighted societal system. Each panel will take place in October on different dates. Please select the dates of the panel you would like to register for using the button to the right.
The Intersection of Mental Health and The Criminal Justice System
Thursday, October 8 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Joe Pelle – Boulder County Sheriff
- Michael Dougherty – District Attorney, 20th Judicial District
- Ingrid Bakke – Chief District Court Judge, Div. 13 Twentieth Judicial District
- Dr. Anjali Nandi – 20th Judicial District Chief Probation Officer
- Nicole Collins – Managing Public Defender, Boulder Regional Office, Office of the State Public Defender
- Lucy Ohanian, Chief Deputy Public Defender
The Intersection of Mental Health and Education
Tuesday, October 13 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Dr. Jennifer B. McDuffie, CU Boulder Associate Vice Chancellor, Division of Student Affairs
- Matt Dudek, Director of Special Education, BVSD
The Intersection of Mental Health and Business/Commerce
Tuesday, October 20 | 6:00– 7:30 pm
- Brad Feld, Managing Director at Foundry Group and Founder of Techstars
- Sam Taylor, President/CEO of the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Chris Coker, CEO of YMCA of Northern Colorado
The Intersection of Mental Health and Social Justice/Equity
Tuesday, October 27 | 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Tatiana Hernandez, CEO of Community Foundation of Boulder
- Eliberto Mendoza, Project Coordinator for City of Longmont
- Amy Nelson, BVSD Coordinator of Equity and Partnerships, Southwest Network
All panels will take place over Zoom and this information will change from panel to panel, so it is important that you register for each day individually. The evening before and the morning of each day of the panel participants will receive an email that includes the Zoom ID and password.
This event is a collaborative effort by Mental Health Partners and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Boulder County
The goals of these conversations are to share with the community the breadth and depth of work being done within these systems to address and accommodate mental health, build community awareness regarding the impact of mental illness in our region, and explore how we can better address these challenges in the future. Learn more about MHP at www.mhpcolorado.org and NAMI Boulder County at www.namibouldercounty.org.